How to Make a Roman Shade Video demonstrates step-by-step how to create a traditional roman shade for your home. Roman shades are a functional and stylish way to soften the look of your windows, while also providing privacy. Learn how to measure the window, pattern the fabric, calculate spacing for the dowels, build a headrail, and install the shades.
See a NEW Roman Shade DIY video which includes a roller clutch system: http://babycutest.com/hd-video_btyqvk_cvEmE
For your roman shade, choose from hundreds of great home décor fabrics at http://www.sailrite.com/Fabrics/Home-...
Fabric Calculator Link: http://fabric-calculator.com/roman.aspx
How to Make a Roman Shade Chapters
• Measuring Window -- 0:26
• Adding Drapery Lining -- 5:56
• Securing Dowels -- 9:11
• Sewing Bottom Hem -- 14:08
• Finishing Top Edge -- 17:17
• Attaching Rings -- 19:54
• Building a Headrail -- 23:53
• Installing Curtain Hardware -- 26:59
• Materials List -- 34:57
• Decorative Fabric from Sailritehttp://www.sailrite.com/Fabrics/Home-...
• Drapery Lining Fabric from Sailrite #120164 (white) / #120185 (ivory) / #120280 (white Blackout) / #120282 (Ivory Blackout)http://www.sailrite.com/Fabrics/Home-...
• Thread from Sailritehttp://www.sailrite.com/Notions/Threa...
• Wood Dowels or Plastic Ribshttp://www.sailrite.com/Roman-Shade-P...
• Metal Dowel Rod #104989http://www.sailrite.com/Bottom-Rod-fo...
• Nylon White Hook #467100http://www.sailrite.com/Velcro-Nylon-...
• Nylon White Loop #471100http://www.sailrite.com/Velcro-Nylon-...
• Sew on Rings #104469http://www.sailrite.com/Sew-on-Rings-...
Screw Eyes #120034http://www.sailrite.com/Standard-Scre...
• Cord Lock #104468http://www.sailrite.com/Cord-Lock-for...
• Leechline 5/64” #21207http://www.sailrite.com/Leechline-Dac...
• Plastic Lift Cord Condenser #104470http://www.sailrite.com/Plastic-Lift-...
• Mounting Screws
• Wood Headboard
This instructional video is intended for personal use. If making shades to sell or gift, they must comply with the latest safety regulations.
Cords can be hazardous, even fatal, to young children. Keep cords out of reach of children. Keep cribs, playpens, and other furniture away from cords. Do not tie cords together or allow cords to twist or loop together.
If glue is used to secure dowels to fabric be sure to test the glue on the fabric to check for bleed-through.
1280 How to Make a Roman Shade,
720 How to Make a Roman Shade,
roman shade How to Make a Roman Shade,
diy roman shade How to Make a Roman Shade,
how to make a roman shade How to Make a Roman Shade,
make your own roman shade How to Make a Roman Shade,
roman shade instructions How to Make a Roman Shade,
sewing roman shades How to Make a Roman Shade,
calculations for roman shades How to Make a Roman Shade,
roman shade guide How to Make a Roman Shade,